Caiçaras art and cultural experience in Araújo Island
A route that unites culture with the natural diversity of the region, to those who seek to better understand the local customs and local wealth, experiencing valuable cultural knowledge experiences. Araújo Island is the second largest island in the bay of Paraty, very interesting!
In the caiçara itinerary, the participants will have the opportunity to have a beautiful experience, when visiting the existing community on Ilha do Araújo and discovering their cultures, customs and lifestyle habits. We will visit churches, school, library, flour mill and all the vast production of local crafts.
- Departure from Paraty by land transport
- Arrival at Praia Grande (10km from Paraty), boarding to Ilha do Araújo. (15min)
- Conversation Round with Almir Tã (fisherman, visual artist and community leader) on
the history of the community and the traditions of caiçara culture.
- Walk around the island, easy trail to visit the community with a bathing stop
at Tapera beach, a place with calm and crystalline waters, good for swimming.
- Stop for lunch (optional.) And free time to enjoy Praia do Pontal and its
stunning scenery in the bay of Paraty.
- Return by boat to Praia Grande and return to Paraty.
Don't forget: sunscreen and hat, mineral water, towels and comfortable clothes.